10 Motivating Quotes to Reinvigorate Your Goals
“This is my year,” I proclaimed defiantly as I sat down to write my New Year's Resolutions. I had two pages in my journal filled with goals and aspirations. I felt motivated, clear-headed, and ready to take on whatever the year had in store for me. Fast forward five months and I’m sitting in my very last history seminar. It’s my final day of undergrad classes. I try my hardest to stay engaged with the lecture but I can’t shake this deep sense of disappointment and shame that has bubbled up inside my chest. I paused to think about where I had been at the start of the year versus where I felt I was now. I had lost that fire in my belly and the drive to take my personal development and growth to the next level.
Unsatisfied with my current state of complacency, I promised myself that I wouldn’t end my college career without any sort of real “plan” to get myself back on track. I decided to compile articles, quotations, books, documentaries, and podcasts to propel me back into a highly motivated and inspired headspace.
Particularly impactful have been simple quotations that I’ve picked up here and there. They allow me to quickly realign with my goals when I begin to feel overwhelmed, unmotivated, or just plain tired.
Here are a few of my favorites so you, too, can reinvigorate your goals.
1. “We may not always have the power to control what shows up at our door, but we always, always, always have the power to decide what stays and what goes.” - Cleo Wade, Heart Talk
2. “Do it with passion, or not at all.” - Rosa Nouchette Carey
3. “If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles.” - Wayne Dyer
4. “Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.” - Karim Seddiki
5. “Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” - Mary Oliver, “The Summer Days”
6. “You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.” - Oprah Winfrey
7. “Today’s accomplishments were yesterday’s impossibilities.” - Robert H. Schuller
8. “There are secret opportunities hidden inside every failure.” - Sophia Amoruso, #GIRLBOSS
9. “Embrace what you don’t know, especially in the beginning, because what you don’t know can become your greatest asset.” - Sara Blakely
10. “If you don’t see a clear path for what you want, sometimes you have to make it yourself.” - Mindy Kaling
Do you have any favorite quotes that re-motivate you? Share with us in the comments below!