These 11 Backpacks Will Help You Slay This Year
Ahhh back-to-school season, we meet again. There is nothing like stocking up on new desk supplies, bringing out the fall sweaters, and shopping for that perfectly versatile backpack. A dilemma I seem to face at the end of summer is finding a backpack that is both comfortable and doesn't look like I'm preparing to hike the Appalachian Mountains. To keep you from facing the same issue, I've compiled a list of backpacks that meet both requirements. But before we get into that, here's a few things to keep in mind when shopping for a backpack:
- Make sure the straps and back are padded, you'll notice when walking around campus if they aren't.
- Some companies offer warranties on their backpacks, which is always a big plus.
- This one might seem obvious, but make sure it's actually big enough to fit everything you need. Just because smaller backpacks are in style, doesn't mean they'll serve the purpose you need them to.
2. Madeline & Co Backpack. If we love anything at Spire & Co, it's a young person taking risks and living life to it's fullest potential. Madeline & Co was started by a high school senior, Madeline, who couldn't find a backpack that met all of her needs. Instead of settling for something she didn't want, she and her mom started a company that makes these adorable backpacks. How cool is that? From the striped interior to the inspirational sayings stitched on the back, we're sure you'll fall in love with them just as much as we have. Right now, you can pre-order them on their site and they will ship out in early August (rumor has it, they'll be releasing new styles soon, too).
Bonus points: Madeline premiered their backpacks at our conference in 2015!
3. L.L. Bean Classic Campus Pack. For all of you who had monogrammed L.L. Bean backpacks that lasted you from K-12, this is a step up from the classic style. The flap closure and front pocket provide a more mature look for you to tote around. Plus, if you over packers are skeptical of how much this pack will actually hold, their website has a video showing you how many of your necessities it will actually carry.
4. Baggu Backpack. This surprisingly roomy pack from Baggu is stylish enough for you to wear from class to work to weekend festivals.
5. Emily & Meritt Cat Shape Backpack. If you haven't seen Emily & Meritt's collaboration with PB Teen, you're missing out. The two interior designers, and best friends, have been able to combine feminine, quirky, and vintage details to create the pieces like this backpack. You can check out their entire collection here.
6. Patagonia Arbor 26L Backpack. The iconic outdoor brand has figured out the ultimate way to combine fashion and function with this boho-inspired, comfortable backpack.
8. Happy Chic by Jonathan Adler Backpack. This pink and navy pick will compliment all of your preppy outfit dreams (plus, the inside is just as pretty).
9. Vera Bradley Preppy Large Backpack. While this may be a major departure from Vera Bradley's signature colorful prints, this backpack offers a more sophisticated look. And it will pair well with any fall outfit you could imagine, which is a major score.
10. Jansport Big Student Backpack. It wouldn't be right to have a backpack guide that excluded the brand that pretty much everyone was loyal to throughout school. This style is a bit more spacious than their classic pack, and the floral print provides a feminine touch.
11. Longchamp 'Le Pliage' Backpack. Okay, so this may not be the most practical backpack if you have a billion different things to carry, but if you pack light, this Longchamp backpack is your ultimate fall companion.
What are your favorite places to shop for backpacks? Have any tips? Let us know in the comments!