Mother Knows Best :10 Times She Was Right After All
Raise your hand if you have ever been personally victimized by your mom. Chances are, when you were younger, you probably would have shot up your hand as if your elbow was on fire. Mom seemed like the bad guy. But as you grew up, you realized Mom was right after all. We couldn't name every time she was right because we'd have to ship you a novel, but we selected our top ten.
1. When she told you that your significant other was bad news.
Can't live with them. You can definitely live without them.
2. When she told you to stick to that activity you ended up falling in love with.
Sparkling resume brought to you by Mother.
3. When she got you in the habit of writing thank you notes.
Now you are every adult's favorite young person.
4. When she told you the mean girl in middle school was insecure and you didn't believe her.
That would have saved you a lot of nights on IM with your BFF.
5. When she told you not to buy gauchos.
In hindsight, what were you thinking?
6. When she told you not to get in fights over Instant Message.
The Internet can be an evil, evil place to not have mom around.
7. When she told you to take that advanced class.
Because as the great philosopher Kelly Clarkson says, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?
8. When she told you to prioritize yourself and your health.
Now investing in your well being is everywhere. Go figure mom would be before the trends.
9. When she told you laziness wasn't an option.
Now your slaying the game. Thanks, Mama.
10. When she told you that you would thank her one day.
Thanks Mom, you were right.