Pro Tip: How To Cook The Perfect Omelette
Some might say that making an omelet is an art form and this is the secret to it. You can make the “perfect” omelet in just a few simple steps. You’ll want to gather a few key prep items first:
- A non-stick pan or skillet
- A spatula (preferably a metal one to prevent sticking)
- A sharp knife
- A mug
- A fork or whisk
- A cutting board
Next gather fresh ingredients to add to your omelet:
- For a healthier version try using free-range eggs.
- Fresh vegetables such as baby spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, green peppers…the list to choose from goes on and on.
- Spices…yes, spices! They add a kick to your omelet and they’re one ingredient many people skip over. Try using garlic, salt, and pepper to pump up the flavor.
- Milk if you want to make your omelet fluffy.
- Your choice of cheese. Instead of going with the typical choices of American or cheddar cheese, try adding provolone or pepper-jack to mix up the flavoring.
- Non-stick spray such as olive oil spray, canola oil spray, or coconut oil spray.
It’s time to get to work! In no time you’ll have a perfect and delicious omelet to enjoy at any time of the day or to share with friends during an at home brunch.
- First place the non-stick pan or skillet on the stove and spray with non-stick spray. This will help to keep your omelet from sticking to the bottom of the pan and will help you fold it over more easily.
- Next, crack the eggs into the mug. Add ¼ a cup of milk if desired for extra fluffiness.
- Now you’ll need your fork or whisk to mix the egg and milk up until it is a creamy yellow color or a smooth mixture.
- Before you begin the omelet, take the proper veggie prep steps by dicing them. Set them aside.
- Once you’ve done that turn the stove onto medium and pour in the egg mixture.
- The eggs should begin to cook after a minute or so on the heat. Make sure you keep an eye out and pop any air bubble that might begin to form using the spatula.
- Once the egg has begun to cook and you can see it solidifying add in a layer of desired cheese. No worries if it’s shredded, cubed, or sliced; it will turn out just fine.
- The cheese will begin to melt after about 30 seconds. Once it begins to melt start adding in your vegetables onto one half of the omelet. Load that omelet up as much as you want just make sure it can be folded over.
- Now add another sprinkling or layer of cheese over the veggies and spice it up with a dash of salt and pepper. Sprinkle some garlic over and let cook for 30 more seconds.
- After those thirty seconds are over use the spatula to slowly move under the side of the omelet without the veggies. Make sure to run it completely underneath that side to make sure nothing is sticking.
- Using the spatula, lift the center of that side over the loaded side. It should fold nicely.
- Pat it down to make sure it closes.
- Now very carefully, flip the folded omelet over to cook for 1 minute longer.
- Sprinkle a tad more pepper overtop and viola! Once you turn the heat off and remove the omelet from the pan you will have a tasty and quite perfect breakfast in front of you.